Stress is a universal epidemic which has created desperation for peace in the hearts, minds, and souls of people everywhere. The problems of today’s world can easily create a sense of secret panic in the heart of every American, regarding jobs, homes, marriage, child rearing, financial security, and the future.
And for most Christians, simply watching the news and helplessly witnessing what is happening to our country, and the moral decline that seems to be running rampant in every facet of America, is enough to stress anyone out.
As a result of all these varying factors that are often out of our control, millions of people are forced to wake up every morning and face overwhelming stressors, possibly feeling hopeless that life will improve, and totally inadequate and unequipped to make that happen. Although people have tried everything from massages to vacations and everything in between, many are overlooking the only real cure for stress – Jesus.
The miracle of a changed heart, a renewed perspective on life, and a reenergized faith are the only things that will lead to permanent peace. Today, as we start wrapping our minds around the topic of stressing less in Christ and because of Christ, and as we prepare our hearts for the next online study, I want to share 10 tips today for helping you tap into the peace-filled stress relief you have been searching for.
- Recognize what is causing you the most stress and ask God to help you in those areas. Change the things you can change, but what you can’t change, turn over to God.
- Reflect on what your definition of peace is. Is it based on your circumstances or your relationship with God? Ask God to help you relax because of who He is, not because life is conflict free.
- Reclaim your identity. Make sure that the opinion you have of yourself lines up with what God’s Word says about you, and not the opinions of others or the trappings of comparison. Forgive those who have hurt you and embrace your worth and value in Christ.
- Redirect your thoughts. Focus on becoming an optimist, putting pessimism behind you.
- Rearrange your priorities and control your busyness. Ask God for guidance about what your priorities should be right now, and for the courage to make changes as He sees fit.
- Refresh yourself by getting a portion of God’s Word every day, so that His peace can fill your heart. Also make time for yourself and do something that you enjoy.
- Release your fears and worries to God, instead of letting them suffocate your joy and peace. Ask God for the strength to trust that He has it all under control.
- Refocus on what’s really important in life. Don’t become consumed with sweating the small stuff.
- Reinforce your faith by spending time in prayer, studying scripture, and fellowshipping with other believers. Equip yourself with spiritual armor so you will be prepared to stand strong when adversity strikes.
- Recharge your life by humbling yourself before God, acknowledging your stress, and embracing the true rest that He offers.
If any or all of these 10 tips seem to resonate with your heart, would you like to dig deeper into each one over the next couple weeks? If so, consider signing up for my FREE 10 DAY STRESS DETOX, where you’ll receive one daily devotion per day for 10 days to help you begin detoxing your heart, mind and spirit from stress. You’ll also receive a daily challenge activity related to each devotion so you can practically apply these tips in your life, and a prayer for the day.
Ready to start detoxing from stress and seeking God’s peace? CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO AND TO SIGN UP!
(If you want to get all 10 devotional challenges at once and not wait for them to drip into your mailbox each day for 10 days, you might want to consider buying the 10 Day Stress Detox Ebook, available at my online store.)
GRAB YOUR COPY OF STRESSED-LESS LIVING: FINDING GOD’S PEACE IN YOUR CHAOTIC WORLD AT THE LOW PRICE OF ONLY $10 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 15TH!!
Click here to purchase the book directly from Leafwood Publishing at the $10 sale price, ending 9/15/15.