REGARDLESS OF LOVE OR HATE THE HOLIDAYS – EVENTUALLY IT ENDS
• CHRISTMAS DAY COMES AND & GOES –
• THE TREE IS WILTED…THOUSAND NEEDLES ALL OVER THE FLOOR
• ORNAMENTS BROKEN
• REMANTS OF WRAPPING PAPER
• TOYS AND CLOTHES EVERYWHERE – SOME ALREADY NEEDING TO BE RETURNED
• THE LOOMING TASK OF PUTTING UP ALL THOSE DECORATIONS BEGINS TO HOVER
• THE REALITY OF HOW MUCH MONEY WE SPENT BEGINS TO SINK IN
• SOME ARE GLAD, SOME ARE SAD TO SEE THE HOLIDAY END FOR ANOTHER YEAR…..
BUT CHRISTMAS DOES NOT HAVE TO END IN OUR HEARTS
IF WE ARE UP FOR THE CHALLENGE
– what if every one of us in this room – COULD EMBRACE THAT JOY THAT THE ANGEL OFFERED
– 10But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ[a] the Lord. 12This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
o began unwrapping Gods gifts – one by one
o with great excitement – gratitude – enthusiasm – anticipation
o once opened – we shared those gifts
o not afraid to wish people MERRY CHRISTMAS
o not afraid to spread the good news, without fear of hesitation
o not worried about politically correct at work or at the mall
REGARDLESS OF YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT THE HOLIDAY SEASON….. we still have amazing reasons to celebrate – HIS LOVE – HIS SON – FAITH – LIFE
God has placed some amazing gifts under His Christmas tree for you and for me
ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS OPEN OUR HEARTS – HOLD OUT OUR HANDS – ACCEPT THE GIFTS – AND THEN UNWRAP EACH OF THEM WITH OUR WHOLE HEART.
And then all that’s left – is to enjoy life – with abundant joy that the angel promised.