I never knew life could be quite so hard, until now. Or that there would be days when I literally thought I had no strength left to take one more step, often feeling frustrated, discouraged, worried, stressed and tired.
But God knew.
You see, months ago my sweet friend Rachel asked if I would help spread the word about her new book, One More Step: Finding Strength When You Feel Like Giving Up. Of course, I said yes because she’s awesome. 🙂 I didn’t know that her words would be exactly what I needed to hear on the hard days I didn’t even know were coming.
But God knew.
I tried to come up with a blog post to write about her new book, but since I love every word of One More Step, narrowing it down to one post topic or one chapter was really hard! I’ve read it from cover to cover twice now, and I don’t think I’ve read a book twice – ever! So, instead of writing a theme post, I decided to share everything that I highlighted in the book (well not quite everything … actually, not near everything … but these quotes below are my faves). I know her words will speak God’s truth and peace into your heart too, especially if you’re in a difficult season of life.
Friend, you need to get your own copy of One More Step: Finding Strength When You Feel Like Giving Up, especially if you’re going through a hard time right now. I promise it will be worth every penny! And if you’d like a chance to win a free copy, just leave a comment telling me which quote below really speaks to your heart and you’ll be entered to win. You can also simply copy and paste your fave quote into the comment section if you prefer.
I know there are a lot of them. But seriously, this is a book that heals and strengthens hearts. And I believe that whichever quote you choose, is exactly what God knew YOU needed to hear today too.
QUOTES FROM ONE MORE STEP, BY RACHEL WOJO
*God would rather hear about your bad day than not hear from you at all.
* We can’t always control how we feel about an issue, but we can choose how we respond to those feelings. We can choose to channel those feelings in the right direction.
* God understands human emotion because he created human emotions; you will never experience an emotion he doesn’t understand.
* God will not change if we are sad and depressed. He is forever the same and he loves us no matter what feelings we experience.
* Hope can be placed anywhere we choose, but the place we choose makes all the difference.
* Our hope is secure only when it is anchored in God and his Word – his love, his guidance, and his timing.
* The very character of God, his omniscience, promises us that he knows every detail of whatever we are going through, both the good and the bad.
* Once we discover that Jesus is the only one who can hold our hope, we can begin to experience the strength He gives.
* Smothered by the intensity, you don’t define the pain as an ache. It shoots through every nerve in your body. your mind is clouded by its presence. You seek relief but often overlook the greatest pain reliever. Only accepting God’s love can absolve the pain.
* God desires a personal relationship with me – not a religious experience for me.
* Trusting God means you believe God is who he says he is and that he will do what he says he will do.
* The gifts we unwrap in the desert are often the ones we appreciate the most.
* Our focus is often on the wait; God’s focus is on the work.
* Although we can’t see things to come, we can know that just as God had a purpose in the past, he can be trusted with the future.
* Our hopes and dreams are not unnoticed by Him. He sees our hearts and knows our wishes.
* We want God to give us an answer; God wants to give us himself.
* I stopped asking the question, “God where are you in all this?” I started asking, “God, will you reveal yourself to me?”
* The risk you feel you are taking actually has zero chance of failure when you allow God to work freely in and through it.
* The situations we wish God would remove from our lives are often the lessons God uses to teach us to rely on Him.
* When others see how God is carrying us through our trials, then He is glorified.
* Failure to extend grace results in the growth of bitterness.
* Being overwhelmed can prompt us to block out everything and everyone, including God. We’re tempted to build walls around our hearts for “protection”, but the walls also prevent the benefits of fellowship, like love, joy, and strength.
* The choice to forgive is a choice to live.The more we hold onto an unforgiving spirit, the more difficult it is to take another step forward. If only we freely forgave with as much strength as we grip grudges.
* When we choose not to judge others according to their actions but according to how God wants us to care for them, unfavorable thoughts don’t have the chance to enter our minds. Purity in our thought lives includes keeping our minds from thinking anything that shouldn’t be there.
* We never know what God has up His sleeve. You never know what might happen; you only know what you have to do now. (Elisabeth Elliott)
* We can’t allow the desire to change the past freeze our ability to move in the present.
* Joy has nothing to do with the position of your body and everything to do with the position of your heart.
So what’s your favorite quote? Share your thought or copy and paste your fave into the comments section to enter to win a copy of One More Step!
Want to download and print the above quotes to post in your home or office? Download a printable PDF here.