Today, I want to share a few quotes and verses from our chapter readings this week (5 and 6) that sum up what we are focusing on together.
- Living a life full of joy and void of pain may seem impossible to you today, humanly speaking, as you find yourself pondering all the difficult situations in your life, the hardships you’ve endured, the pain you experienced, the struggles you face – but true joy and peace are within your reach if you are reaching out to the right place for help.
- Peace is not a matter of life or circumstances, it’s a matter of the heart.
- Hannah’s faith was the answer to her stress. And, through that faith she found peace, even though her life remained far from peaceful.
- We are each called to live a life in a state of dependency on Him, believing that His peace is available in any situation.
- God is never late, seldom early, but always right on time. His timing is not our own.
- True faith is not passive, but active, and genuinely active faith requires focusing on the health of our entire being – being spiritually and physically healthy.
- The difference between this waiting period and the wait that I had already been enduring was that I was no longer hoping that He would see me, wishing that He would work, or wondering He would care. Instead, I knew that He would be at work in my marriage, and that somehow some way, someday He would be glorified through our sufferings.
- The disease of stress cannot be ignored because in the worst case scenario, doing so could have fatal consequences.
- Our behaviors, actions and service to God should be an outward extension or our inward beliefs.
- God understands we needs his help as we wade through life. He understands our desire for independence and our struggle with pride, yet if we abide and accept his help he will equip us to deal with the challenges of life.
- Whether we want to admit it or not, we need God. We simply cannot do it alone.
LET’S CHAT!! DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK … & A GIVEAWAY
WIN A COPY OF THE UPDATED POWER OF A PRAYING WIFE WHICH I TALKED ABOUT IN MONDAY’S VIDEO! TO ENTER TO WIN, LEAVE A COMMENT ANSWERING ONE OF THE BELOW DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
If you’ve experienced a restoration in your marriage at some point as as a result of plugging into God’s Word and prayer on a frequent basis, what things can you share with our group to offer hope and reassurance for others still seeking that restoration and hope?
If you’ve been struggling in your marriage, what can you do today to begin trusting God, feeling HIs peace and having more hope and joy?
Do you have anything highlighted or underlined in your book? If so, feel free share it in the comments too!
( leave your comments in the comment section ONLY, no email replies please)
GRAPHICS TO SHARE ONLINE
AND BLOG HOP PROMPTS
Bloggers: right click on the image you plan to write your blog post about, and “save image as” to save to your computer, share in your blog post if desired. Then come back here on Friday to link it up!
Everyone: From the blog home page, there are 3 ways to share the graphics: 1-Right click to save to your computer 2-‘Share Image’ in bottom right corner 3-‘Pin’ to Pinterest upper left corner.