Today I just want to quickly review from Chapter 11, The Reset Button, because I bet every person reading this has wished for a reset button, or maybe a do-over button, at some point in their life. Since that’s not possible, instead of wasting our time wishing for what we can’t have, let’s focus on what we can have – God’s peace – and what we might need to do to seek it and attain it, each and every day. Below are the 6 tips and accompanying bible verses to tuck into your heart this week.
- Realign your life – Psalm 119:105, Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. (NLT)
- Recognize your need – Psalm 79:8b, ..may your mercy come quickly to meet us, for we are in desperate need. (NIV)
- Adjust your focus – Isaiah 40:28, Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. (NLT)
- Be filled with the Spirit – Galatians 5:16, So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. (NLT)
- Be faithful in your prayer life – Hebrews 4:16, Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (NIV)
- Believe God IS who He says – Matthew 16:13-16, Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (NLT)
And I’ll leave you with this thought from page 216: “What we view as God’s absence or lack of quickness to change our circumstances or fix our problems is really God waiting for the proper time to act on our behalf, while simultaneously waiting for us to acknowledge our need for rescue.”
LET’S CHAT!! DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THIS WEEK
(please leave your comments regarding the questions in the comment section, no email replies please)
Which of these 6 steps do you need to fully embrace and implement into your life this week?
In what way have you changed your time with God over the past six weeks, and how has that helped to lessen your stress and begin feeling God’s Presence in your heart?
If you accepted Jesus Christ into your heart during this study, or recommitted your life to Him, will you share it on the blog today we can celebrate with you and praise God that you’ve become His beloved? 🙂
GRAPHICS TO SHARE ONLINE
& BLOG HOP PROMPTS
Bloggers: right click on the image you plan to write your blog post about, and “save image as” to save to your computer, share in your blog post if desired.
Everyone: From the blog home page, there are 3 ways to share the graphics: 1-Right click to save to your computer 2-‘Share Image’ in bottom right corner 3-‘Pin’ to Pinterest upper left corner.