Bring a Stress Less Conference to the women of your church!
Frazzled. Frustrated. Fatigued. Overwhelmed. Overworked. Overloaded.
These words describe how most women feel as a result of the stress epidemic that is running rampant in our society today.But regardless of age, season of life, or varyinng circumstances, true stress relief is really only one prayer away.
A Stress Less Conference will help women :
• Be empowered to believe that they can live a life of peace, despite their stressful circumstances
• Understand how Jesus handled stress and how He is our role model for coping with stress in today’s world
• Discover how to find calm in the midst of their chaos and find freedom from a life of busyness
• Recognize practical biblical principles for stress relief that they can implement into their own lives
This is a great opportunity to pamper your women, physically and spiritually, and send them home refreshed and re-energized to live a joyful life with less stress, and more peace.
Book signings can be scheduled around your conference/retreat agenda.
This conference can be a Friday night/Saturday Conference, or an all day Saturday Conference based on your scheduling preference. Be sure to schedule a meet and greet
** Visit the MEDIA tab for downloadable posters and flyers to promote the conference.
Session One: Whispers of Relief
Hearing and discerning God’s voice is the most important part of our prayer and fellowship with God, especially when it comes to dealing with the overwhelming stress that life brings. Most Christians long to hear God’s voice thundering through the air with the answers to their problems and the stress relief they long for. However, God’s voice is more like a gentle whisper, requiring an intimate relationship in order to hear it. You will be reminded of how God speaks intimately and personally, how He is the answer to our stress, and how to be more aware of His voice as you:
• Recognize how to hear God’s voice in the unique ways He chooses to speak
• Embrace the importance of prayer and fellowship with God
• Discover the things that may be causing a disconnect between you and God
• Learn how to apply God’s stress-less biblical principles to the top 5 stressors of today
Session Two: Staying Afloat In A Sea of Stress
Frazzled, frustrated, fatigued. Over committed, overloaded and overwhelmed. This is how the majority of women feel as a result of being bombarded with relentless stress from everyday life, and sometimes many women feel like jumping overboard. Sadly, most of us are looking for stress relief in the all the wrong places, and the worldly relief we may find is only a temporary band-aid. Through this empowering session, you will experience a stress-makeover in heart, mind and soul as you
• Understand the negative consequences of ignoring stress
• Recognize the physical and spiritual benefits of looking to God for stress relief
• Learn to tap into the power and presence of God to regain a life of peace
• Discover how to live a life of joy despite your circumstances through learning that Jesus dealt with stress and understands what we are going through
Session Three: Embracing The Stressed-Less Life
The Bible is packed with tips for finding stress relief in today’s modern chaotic world, if only we seek them out. This session reviews the top five stressors of our nation today (money, economy, marriage, parenting, & work) and applies biblical principles for handling those stressors by fully relying on God’s Word. Women who walked in feeling helpless and hopeless about marriage, work, finances, and parenting, will leave feeling uplifted and hopeful, embracing the reality that God has got everything under control. Women will leave this session with:
• A fresh perspective on how God’s Word applies to every aspect of our lives, including modern day stress
• A renewed desire to make an intimate relationship with Christ a priority in their life
• Enthusiastic motivation to surrender their stress to Christ, trust Him in their circumstances, and embrace a less stressed life
Note: If desired, you may bring one of the Stress-Less topics to your church as a keynote message.
BONUS INFO: Themes and Decorating Suggestions
(If desired, the term “Stress Less” doesn’t have to be the name of an event. Event planners are welcome to come up with their own themes if desired. Below are a few suggestions.)
1. Under the Boardwalk ..or.. Down By The Sea: Focus your conference around a beach theme. Decorate with beach items like umbrellas, chairs, beach towels, sunglasses, colorful beach bags, and flip flops. Play traditional beach music or the sounds of the surf during breaks. Consider offering shagging lessons as a break out session, or scrapbooking of old family beach trips. Bring in faux palm trees for decoration, and string white lights on them for ambiance.
2.The Trip of a Lifetime: Focus your conference around the theme of taking a cruise. Use photos of beautiful beaches, the tropics and serene beach sunsets for promotional materials. Decorate with items which portray a tropical theme, like palm trees, coconuts, coconut drinks, and umbrella straws. Play Reggae or Steel Drum music during breaks. Have large banner poster created of a Caribbean scene to use as a backdrop for the speaker and musicians.
3. This Is The Life: Focus your conference around the theme of a day at the spa. Use photos of peaceful places (lakes, rivers, beaches, front porches, rocking chairs,etc.) for promotional materials. Decorate with colors that are peaceful, such as soft blues, greens, and other soothing fresh colors. Burn lavender scented candles. Offer mini-massages or manicures to attendees. Use decorating items based on water themes, waterfalls, lush forests, spas. Gift bags could include decorate soaps, lotions, nail polish, or other spa items.