You’re invited to have your separation or divorce story published in Tracie’s upcoming release!
There is no bigger blessing than seeing God turn our pain into purpose. Seeing Him use our experiences, lessons He's taught us, and challenges we have overcome, to instill hope and encouragement into a woman's heart who desperately needs to know those things are possible for her too, is a turning point for our own hearts to heal. Right now, there is a woman whose husband recently left her, or who left her husband due to an abusive or loveless relationship, or even choices of her own accord, but who is floundering in her faith and wondering if she can survive another day. Waking up each morning to face the tragic circumstances of a broken marriage, a broken heart, guile, shame and a scary uncertain future. Wondering if she will not only survive but ever feel truly happy again.
That woman may need to hear YOUR story. Not a story of complete overcoming and final victory - because we are all a work in progress and total healing takes time - but a story of how God has walked beside you along the way, provided for you in spiritual and physical ways, held you up when you weak, performed miracles in you or your life, and how you've come out scarred but healed and stronger on the other side.
Maybe it's one story of a miracle God performed in a certain situation, or a story from the day it all fell apart to where you are today, but God's goodness in any account, is meant to be shared with those who need the comfort you once were desperate for, just as we are instructed in 2 Corinthians 1:4, "He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us."
Now is your chance to follow the command in the verse above in your own life. Your story may be the exact story someone needs to hear right now to help them get out of bed just one more time. Will you step out in faith and share your story for the glory of God and to comfort others the way He comforted you when you most needed it?
My newest release, Living Unbroken: Reclaiming Your Life and Your Heart After Divorce, has been so popular that my publisher David C. Cook Publishing and I have partnered together to create a Living Unbroken Divorce Recovery Program, rolling out next year! It is our prayer this much needed faith based program, which will include the book, a study guide, a leaders guide, and a 6 week video teaching series, will hopefully one day be a staple in churches across the nation, available to help countless women recover from the pain and tragedy of separation and divorce and learn to love their lives even if they aren't they lives they once dreamed of.
I would be so honored if you would consider sharing a short story to include in this resource guide. Or if separation and divorce isn't your experience, forward this email to a friend or family member who has walked this difficult road who may be willing and longing to pour love and comfort into the hearts of other hurting women who so desperately need to know that one day, they will be okay too.
Who can participate?
- Anyone who has been through separation or divorce and has seen God's faithfulness and intervention in some way in the midst of the difficult circumstances.
- Anyone who has been through separation or divorce and has experienced healing, victory and happiness in some way even though the journey was hard and long.
- Or, a friend or family member of someone who has walked this road who has a moving story to tell about how they helped and supported their loved one through the love of Christ and the knowing importance of being a loyal, trusted friend to someone whose heart is broken.
- You do not have to be a writer! Just a story teller. Professional editing will take place after all winning entries have been selected.
Why should I participate?
- You never know how God can use your story to change someone's life!
- Our stories of His faithfulness are meant to be shared to not only bring comfort to others but to serve as living proof that He is alive and well and working in our world and our lives today.
- Millions of women right now need to know God will get them through this pain. Your story could offer the exact words they need to hear and at times, can even save a life.
- You'll receive a free copy of Living Unbroken and the new study guide if your story is selected for participation, as well as given exposure on social media platforms upon the release of the book.
What are the submission criteria?
- Story submissions should stay within 500-700 words maximum
- Submissions should include the author's name and title
- Include at least one bible verse or biblical story reference that supports, or is relevant to, your story
- Avoid sharing details that could be viewed as slanderous. Keep the focus on the author's felt needs and emotions and how God met them in their time or place of need in a divine way, as well as offering hope and encouragement for that woman who feels sad, lost and hopeless
- Submit a quality resolution, black and white headshot (taken with an Iphone or quality camera)
- Submit your story in a Word Doc or PDF format along with your headshot in the form below
- Deadline to submit a story for consideration is March 26th, 2021, 11:59pm ET
I am so excited about this project and gathering life changing stories from God fearing women who trusted Him in the hardest of times but have held onto their faith, overcome major hurdles and seen victory in so many ways because of His faithfulness. If you're interested, I'd love to hear from you in the comments of this post and also would love to pray for you as you begin putting your experiences into words that can impact the hearts of many.